This item is (lightly) used, we are the original owners
Comes with connection cables and other peripherals, includes 2 MY cards for Yamaha i/o slots, Tascam Analog I/O card installed , and Tascam Firmware card, sold as is .
The MX-2424 is a professional 24 track, 24 bit hard disk recorder. The MX-2424 delivers the convenience, power and reliability of a dedicated multitrack, yet still offers the sophistication of a DAW.
Interfacing the MX-2424 in a studio is easy, with option cards available for all the common audio formats. The MX-2424 provides separate slots for the analog I/O cage and the digital I/O slots, offering the ability to interface with digital and analog sources simultaneously.
The MX-2424 offers thorough time code and control options, including SMPTE and MTC chase and generate, plus Word Clock and Video Sync resolve. For controlling the MX-2424, you can use the optional RC-2424 remote, or use MMC, 9-pin control, or even an Alesis LRC remote.
The MX-2424's extensive recording capabilities and time code capabilities have earned it a place in major motion picture and television production environments. It's affordable price helped the MX-2424 find it's way into numerous personal and project studios. With TASCAM's DA-88 legacy and MMR film dubbers, you've come to expect that.
However, the MX-2424's rock-solid reliability and friendly interface have opened the doors to markets where DAWs normally don't go - live sound. The MX-2424's multitrack playback functionality is commonly used for multi-zone music feeds, music mixes with double tracked vocals, surround sound effects, and more.
Helpful Live Sound/Install Functions:
- Theater Mode (Pauses at Locate Points)
- Power-Up Play (Plays Song When Powered On)
- Built-In 9GB Drive (Offers 45 Minutes of Record Time)
- Front Panel Drive Bay and Rear Panel SCSI Port
- Standard Mac/PC Drive Formats (Fat32, HFS & HFS+)
- Standard Audio File Formats (SDII & Broadcast WAV)
- MX-View GUI (MacOS 9.1 & 9.2, Win 98SE/ME/2000/XP)
- 100Mbit Ethernet (Used for GUI & Audio Transfers)
Modular Multitrack-like Features:
- Front Panel LED Matrix (Displays Key Project Settings)
- 24 Tracks at 44.1kHz or 48kHz, 16 or 24 bit
- 12 Tracks at 88.2kHz or 96kHz, 16 or 24 bit
- 2 Channel AES/EBU and SPDIF Coax Digital I/O
- 32 Machine Sample Accurate Lock (via TL-BUS)
- Sony P2 9-pin Control (RS-422 on Remote Port)
- MMC Control Formats
- Generate & Chase Time Code (SMPTE & MTC)
- Word Sync (In/Out/Thru)
- Video Sync (In/Thru)